When it comes to fitness, you don’t need to be a runner or aspire to be an athlete to start improving your overall fitness condition. If you want to be physically fit, you need full determination and focus on what you want to achieve in order for you to be successful. Get all the info you need here.
If you have decided to take up exercising to improve your fitness, well, congratulations! It is because empowering your fitness is the most vital step that will lead you to the “new” you! Now, the only thing that you should do is to stick with your plan and learn the basics of fitness.
There are various reasons why some people decide to incorporate physical fitness in their lives. Whether you are aiming to lose your weight, gain size or enhance you well-being, empowering your fitness can be the key for a healthier living.
The basics of fitness revolve around improving your nutrition and doing exercises. In order for you to achieve success in improving your fitness, you need to exert 100% effort and commitment. When you think of fitness, it is vital for you to take a peek at the big picture.
You have to take note that fitness is not just about endurance, strength or fat content, but also it’s the combination of those factors. You can be strong, but you have no endurance. You may have endurance, but you might be less flexible.
In fitness, you need to aim for balance. There are five components that make a good fitness. Proficiency in these components will give you long-term benefits and value to your overall well-being and fitness. These components are as follows:
- Aerobic Endurance- repetitive or rhythmic activities placed an increase oxygen demand on your body systems, lungs, and heart. Big muscle groups can be used in various activities including cycling, jogging or walking. The aim of this component is to train other muscles and heart to use oxygen efficiently, which permits exercise to continue for a long period of time.
- Muscular Strength- It is the capacity of the muscles of your body to produce a huge amount of force to utilize anaerobic energy. This energy produces a short term burst of energy and will not require oxygen. Anaerobic energy comes after the carbohydrates were burned, which is needed in replenishing the system.
- Muscular Endurance- It is the measure of how your muscles can repetitively generate force to maintain the activity. This is use of the raw strengths. When compared other components, this combines both anaerobic and aerobic energy.
- Flexibility- This is ability of a person to stretch. You can increase your flexibility through stretching elastic fibers beyond their limits and maintaining the stretched muscles for several moments. Your fibers will adjust to the new limits. With an improved flexibility, the risk of experiencing injury will decrease while you are exercising and increasing your performance. Yoga and swimming are some of the exercises that require greater flexibility.
- Body Composition- This will show you the percentage of bone, muscles, and fats in your body. These percentages will give you a view on your fitness and health in relation your body’s health, age, and weight. Fat and weight are used together most of the time, but the truth is, they’re not interchangeable. If you are overweight, it doesn’t imply obesity. In fact, there are lots of physically fit people who are overweight because of gaining muscles. But, if you are over fat, you pose health risks that may range to high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease.
Fitness is said to be influenced by your own actions. Every person has the power to change the level of his or her overall fitness condition through the implementation of changes and by living a healthy and happy lifestyle. Many people will differ when it comes to their fitness level as it depends on the genetics and commitment of each person. Physical activities can help you in various ways and one of these ways is that this can help you avoid certain diseases, obesity, and other health conditions.
Change Your Routine
When working out, it is always essential to make some changes in your routine. One’s body needs to keep guessing. This is because if your body is used to your daily routine, this will just result to some issues that may affect your fitness. Take note, altering your daily routine can be the key to your success. For example, if you are doing weight lifting repetitively, it will become much easier for your body to do it. However, if you will add a little twist on your daily exercises, you will surely empower your fitness.
If you are doing exercises for enhancing your cardio, don’t just stick on one kind of cardio exercises. Alternate them every week and try other exercises that can contribute on your cardio workout. With this strategy, you won’t just be able to increase your fitness, but also your cardio will also boost.
Some people don’t realize that eating healthy foods can make a huge difference in increasing the level of your fitness. Whether you aspire to be a runner or you just want to lose weight, picking the right and healthy foods will assist you when making changes on your health. If you are aiming to lose weight, the best way to achieve your goals is by controlling your eating habits. Adding vegetables, grains, and more fruits is best for you. Considering smaller meals will also provide you results in the long run.
If you are having training for racing, the right way to fuel up your body is imperative. You have to get the best amount of carbohydrates and protein for maximum results. Fueling up your body with these minerals will give you more stamina for your race day.
According to a particular health organization, one’s body weight is made of sixty percent water. Since the body of a person depends on water, you need to drink enough amount of water to maintain the level of your body fluid even if you have done various activities. Drinking enough amount of water can also help you avoid dehydration, which may cause you to feel tired as you don’t have much energy to consume. Water can help you eliminate toxins in your body and transports nutrients to each of your body cells.
Stress has a lot of effects in one’s body. It may cause pains and aches that come from the tense muscles. Stress can also affect your skin. Men may suffer from various sexual problems while women may experience painful menstrual cycle. Heart disease and high blood pressure may also stem from stress. If you are experiencing too much stress, you might not achieve all your goals in fitness.
Alcohol and Drugs
The use of different recreational drugs can cause damage to one’s brain cells. You have to take note that the body of each person loses its resistance to several diseases and may cause coordination issues. Alcohol, on the other hand, can cause damage to one’s heart, liver, and pancreas. This can also cause increase in health risks and high blood pressure. Both can also affect the mood, memory, and body coordination.
Fitness was defined as the set of attributes, which people achieve or have to do the different physical activities. But, you have to take note that whatever physical activity you’re involved with, this does not define the level of your fitness. There are various components of fitness that you must be aware. These components will help you measure your fitness level.
Assessing your fitness level is important, these following components of fitness can be a huge help:
Cardio-respiratory endurance is one’s power of his or her respiratory and circulatory systems to generate sufficient energy that will fuel you up in order for you to do all your physical activities. In order for you to boost cardio-respiratory endurance, you need to keep your heart into the safe level that will sustain you when you are walking, running, swimming, bicycling, etc. The activity you prefer doesn’t need to be difficult when you are improving cardio-respiratory endurance. If possible, start slowly, and gradually perform on the much intense phase.
Muscular strength is one’s ability of his or her muscles to exert force during physical activities. The key to make your muscles much stronger is by doing some activities that will let you boost your resistance. If you want to gain muscles and increase your muscle strength, try exercising lifting weights or take stairs rapidly.
This is the ability of the body muscles to continue performing without fatigue. To enhance your muscle endurance, try dancing, walking, bicycling or jogging.
Body composition refers to fat, bone, muscle, and some parts of the body. The total body weight of a person may not change easily time. But, bathroom scales don’t assess how much of your body weight contain fats and lean mass. That is the reason why it is essential for you to consider managing your weight.