1. Egg, including yolks
2. All green, leafy vegetables, as well as cauliflower, avocado, mushrooms, peppers, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
3. When choosing dairy, opt for full-fat version of cheeses, butter, sour cream, yogurt, and milk.
4. Eat nuts such as walnuts, almonds, filberts, and sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Foods to Eat in Moderation
1. Have one serving of root vegetables, such as yams, parsnip, carrots, and turnips per day.
2. Fruits contain sugar, so treat them like candy. One small piece per day.
3. A glass of dry wine, vodka, whiskey and brandy once a week. No cocktails with sugars.
4. A small piece of chocolate with 75 percent or higher cocoa content once a week.
Foods to Avoid
1. Any food containing sugar, including cereals; soft drinks, juices, and sports drinks, candies, and chocolate. Limit artificial sweeteners as much as possible.
2. Starchy food such as pasta and potatoes, breads, potato chips, and french fries, cooking oils, and margarine.
3. All beers.